Sunday, January 24, 2010

SSC #43 - Pop-Up!

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Sunday, January 24, 2010

Welcome back to my blog!  I've been doing some work on the template, fonts and stuff.. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out!  I'm learning lots about blog layout and setup and stuff!  It's pretty fun!   Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think!  :)

Anyway.... It's another wonderful challenge at Stamptacular Sunday!  I really do hope you can join us this week!

Our very own Sarah, from the Stamptacular Design Team is sponsoring our challenge this week and she is offering up a wonderful stamp set from Verve, "Swan Song"





Thank You, Sarah!

Our challenge for you this week is to make a Pop-Up card!  This challenge scared me a little bit... But I found this new tutorial on SCS for a Pop-Up Twirl card that looked fun!  I love the SCS tutorials - you just can't go wrong!  Every step is spelled out so simple and easy to understand!  Although, on this card, there was something to do with string to make the inside image spin, and I couldn't figure that out... but I still really like the card!

I made this one for a very special lady who's birthday was last week.  My Dad's Aunt Lorraine, who I have actually never met, but she always remembers us on important days!  She's so thoughtful to send cards to my kids on their birthdays, and she always remembers our anniversary!  So, I wanted to make her a special card to let her know how much she is appreciated!  Maybe one day, we'll take the kids on a road trip across the country to meet her.

Onto the card:

 
What'd I use?
Stamps: Studio G
Colored with Copics
Patterned Cardstock: DCWV Sweet Stack
Nesties: Labels Nine
Cuttlebug: Happy Birthday embossing
Pearls: Martha Stewart



0 stamps of approval:

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea