Sunday, August 30, 2009

SSC #22 - Scallop Mania

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Sunday, August 30, 2009
Hello Stamping Friends!!

I'm pretty excited about this project, because it's the first thing I've done in what feels like weeks!! No kidding! There has been so much going on around here that I haven't had any time at all to sequester myself in my craft room and play! And I've missed it! I had about 1/2 an hour to myself this evening and I decided to go downstairs to my room and see what I could do, even if it was just clean things up a bit.. but once I got my hands on paper and stamps, there was no stopping me! I'm so excited, because now I can feel the mojo flowing and I am ready to get back to stamping everyday! Too bad I have to work all weekend... oh well, gotta pay for the stamps somehow, right?

Anywhoo.... onto the card! This weeks challenge at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge is Scallops, Scallops, Scallops! I think I met that requirement.. maybe.. although I wonder if I should have put a few more scallops on there... hmmm...


This is my brand new Halloween Anya/Ian set from The Greeting Farm (Looooove it!) and the new Scallop Octagon Nesties that I got for my birthday from my in-laws (Thanks!!) Add some rub on's, some pearls and some fuzzy spiders and "viola!" - cuteness! This is actually an envelope card that I am hoping a candy bar will fit in. I've used a magnet fastener under the scallops to hold it closed.

Well, there it is! I sure hope you like it and I hope that I've inspired you to go grab your scallops and create something wonderful for our challenge this week!

Thanks for stopping by! And don't forget to visit the rest of the awesome design team and see how they've used scallops this week! Priscilla, Nikki, Liza, Line, Kristin, Janneke, Jilly, Joanne, Carly, and Paula

10 stamps of approval:

Callie said...

i LOVE it. The spiders are the best. and that DP is so cute!! LOVE it girl!

Toothy said...

I loev your new stamp, all the scallops are great too. i need to make some envelope cards, let me know if the candy bar fit. I sent you a package for your birthday, on Wednesday, hopefully you will get it Monday cause Ivy allready got her rak and she is in California.

Joey said...

Hiya Dee

fantastic spooky card! love the little image.

Joey.xxx

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest Halloween card ever! I just love it.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Oooh, Dee! I Lurve those scallop octagon diecuts! ARGH! Another nestie to add to my ongoing list! Fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

I love this card Dee ;0)

Hugs, Janneke

Simply Jessabells said...

Cute, love it.

Sanwanya said...

oh isnt this the cutest!Love the scallops,and never thought of using magnet fastener tohold it shut.have a great week!Glad you got to craft!1

Mira said...

This is great; so spooky and yet so sweet :)

ivy said...

hi dee! love this cute lil' halloween card!

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea