Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Build-A-Card challenge

Designed by Sprytebyrd on Wednesday, February 25, 2009
This card was a week long ongoing project! And I was really starting to question how it was going to turn out! In the Card Makin' Mamas group over at CafeMom, one of the girls started this Build-A-Card idea! Every day she would post a step and we would have to do that to our card.. some way, some how! So, here are the steps:
1. Choose an envelope, card base and solid cardstock
2. Choose 2 coordinating patterned papers and attach them to your cardstock
3. Add a ribbon, or fiber to your cardstock
4. Stamp and image, mat the image and attach to patterned paper on cardstock
5. Add a button or buttons
6. Add something to 2 corners
7. Add a flower and a brad
8. Adhere decorated cardstock to front of card base and decorate inside of card
9. Decorate envelope and you're done!
Here is my "creation"
I actually removed the button once the challenge was all over, because.. well, this isn't really a "button" type of card! I had a star button in her hair, kinda like a hair barrette... but I didn't like it, so I took it off. The rest of the card though, I'm pretty cool with!

I used The Greeting Farm's Rockstar Anya, DCWV patterned paper, Bazzil Bling cardstock, Stampin' Up! ribbon, and assorted bits and pieces from my scrap pile. I colored Anya with my Bic Markers and my Skin White Copic.

Thanks, Diane, for another wonderfully fun challenge!

2 stamps of approval:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OK, I am SO in LOVE with this card!!! It should get an award! The layers, the way you added the cut out image, the colors .. sigh ... it is adorable!!! I am glad you were able to remove the things you did not like with ease. :) I have done that before too
I also love the envie!!! Great stuff!!!

Sanwanya said...

wow its gorgous..im falling in love with that image too.Great card dee!

 

.................... Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea